HIGH QUALITY EXPERTLY HANDCRAFTED GREAT VALUE
HL bows are hand-crafted in traditions that are centuries old for exceptional tone and playability. These professional bows are made of all 100% certified pernambuco and brazilwood from Brazil and are loft-seasoned and aged in Germany. Each bow stick is selected for it's grain, strength, flexibility and its precise resonant tone. The bows are designed with the player in mind for years of enjoyment when properly cared for.
HL bows represent and exceptional value in handmade bows, stemming from the high quality of materials, exceptional, clean handwork at a very attractive and accessible price point.
A GOOD BOW SHOULD:
- Draw a big full sound from the instrument with less energy.
- Do the works for the player and create control and ease.
- Contain good balance points and weight.
Advantages of Hermann Luger
1. Superior Wood Quality - Most bows today use inferior, cheap materials that are passed off as Pernambuco or use black market wood that is unseasoned or untreated.
2. Great Value - Great value for the quality of the bow at a very affordable price.
3. Expert Craftsmanship - Meticulously hand-crafted in traditions that are centuries old.
- 2 Grades of Brazilwood Bows
- Workshop Pernambuco Wood Bows with nickel and silver mounts (30 and 40 models)
- 3 Grades of Master Bows - made completely by hand by 1 maker start to finish
- Entry level master bows - all sterling silver mounts
- Mid level master bows - range from sterling and carved sterling silver mounts
- Premium master bows - rose gold or 14k gold mounts
Bow fittings (such as frogs and linings) are made in house to exacting standards and high artistic qualities. Depending on the model, HL bows may be crafted in China or partly in China and finished in Germany. HL makes their own models of bows in addition to copies of famous makers like Tourte, Peccate, or Sartory.
*Custom-made bows are also available.